编者按：2017年11月17日－18日，由上海交通大学医学院附属新华医院主办的第八届新华国际外科论坛在上海顺利召开。此次论坛邀请了近百名国内外专家针对当前外科医疗最新技术、最新进展及热点作精彩报告。此次会议中，来自美国俄勒冈卫生科技大学的Katherine Morris教授作了题为“Assessment and Management of Co-Morbidities in Pancreatic Cancer Surgery”的精彩演讲。AME编辑在会后也有幸邀请到Morris教授接受简短的访谈，听听她对胰腺癌手术并发症的评估与管理的看法。
Katherine Morris, Associate Professor，Department of Surgery，Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU).
After completing a mathematics degree at the University of Washington, Dr. Morris studied medicine at Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU), where her interest was drawn to surgery. During her training she was particularly affected by her rotations in cancer surgery, where her patients’ stories, concerns, triumphs, and heartbreak inspired her. During her seven years of general surgery residency at OHSU Dr. Morris completed two years of research in surgical oncology (cancer surgery).
After completing her general surgery residency, Dr. Morris completed a two-year surgical oncology fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, one of the world's leading cancer centers. Here she worked with masters in the field while helping patients with complex pancreas, liver, and metastatic colon cancers. This training emphasized multidisciplinary treatment of cancer, where close coordination between sub-specialists produces the best possible outcomes.
She then practiced in Portland, Oregon, for five years before taking a position at the University of New Mexico in 2010. There she expanded her efforts in laboratory based cancer research and was awarded an American Cancer Society grant to further her work. She joined the University of Oklahoma and Stephenson Cancer Center as an associate professor of surgery and the G. Rainey Williams chair for surgical research in the fall of 2016.
图1. Katherine Morris教授在接受采访
1. As we know your research interest is hepatobiliary and pancreatic oncologic surgery, would you like to share why you focus on the pancreatic oncologic surgery in your clinical practice?
2. Could you please briefly introduce the complications of pancreatic cancer surgery？ What factors the surgeon should pay attention when they operate pancreatic cancer surgery？
3. Pancreatic cancer is a tumor with a high degree of malignancy and its morbidity and mortality have increased significantly in recent years. In your opinion, what is the biggest obstacle in the surgery and treatment?
4. What’s your view on the phenomenon that the morbidity crowd with pancreatic cancer becomes youth-oriented?
5. How is current clinical situation in treating pancreatic cancer? What do you think of the future development in the treatment of pancreatic cancer?
视频编辑：麦雪芳，AME Publishing Company
学术审核：张开平，AME Publishing Company
责任编辑：徐畅、许梦杨，AME Publishing Company