2016年世界胸科大会 (CHEST World Congress 2016) 于2016年4月15-17号在黄埔江畔成功举办。本次大会除了常规的主题演讲，还贴心为与会人员提供了一系列的、以各种形式呈现的教育专场，包括需要实际操作的现场模拟操作演示课程、基于疑难病例的讲座、互动讨论等，希望帮助参会嘉宾更好的学习新知识、新技能，从而更快应用于临床工作中。
Kyle Hogarth, MD, FCCP
Associate Professor of Medicine in the Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at The University of Chicago, USA
图为Kyle Hogarth教授与AME 编辑合照
- Lung cancer is one of the top killers in China. How about in USA? Could you give us a general picture of current situation of Lung Cancer in the world?
- Early diagnosis plays an important role in the treatment of lung cancer. But how can we diagnose as early as possible? Do you have any better practices in USA to share with us?
- What are the differences and the revolutionary changes for Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy (ENB) compared with the traditional diagnosis methods?
- For the peripheral lesions, which are difficult for TTNA, what are the advantages of ENB?
- For the technique, what’s the major challenge when operating ENB? Could you here share some of your experience with us?
D. Kyle Hogarth, MD, FCCP, is Associate Professor of Medicine in the Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at The University of Chicago. Dr. Hogarth is the Director of Bronchoscopy and is heavily involved in the field of interventional bronchoscopy with numerous publications. He is an international leader in the fields of Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy, Bronchial Thermoplasty, Endobronchial Ultrasound, and Bronchoscopic Lung Volume Reduction.
Dr. Hogarth received his medical degree at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio. He then completed a residency in Internal Medicine and a fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care at The University of Chicago. He has been published in the New England Journal of Medicine, Chest, and many other journals. He serves on the editorial board of CHEST, where he is the section editor for the podcast section.