编者按：Gian Paolo Rossi教授专于高血压疾病的研究，任教于古老的帕多瓦大学（ The University of Padova）。这里曾是现代解剖学开创者Andrea Vesalio、阐述了血液循环机制的William Harvey等先驱的学府。据Rossi教授介绍，帕多瓦大学是世界上为数不多的，最早向医学生们开放器官观察和解剖学课程的院校之一，也是欧洲唯一一所能授予高血压、血管生物学领域硕士、博士学位的大学。
1. Would you mind briefly introducing yourself and your university to our audience?
2. Would you mind sharing the main points of your lecture about hypertension and sleep disorder? And what has drawn your attention to study the association between hypertension and sleep disorder?
3. At present, what have been discovered on the association between sleep disorder and cardiovascular disease based on your research?
4. What questions do you think still need to be further studied on hypertension?
1. Bisogni V, Pengo MF, Maiolino G, Rossi GP. The sympathetic nervous system and catecholamines metabolism in obstructive sleep apnoea. J Thorac Dis 2016;8(2):243-254.
2. Pengo MF, Drakatos P, Kosky C, Williams A, Hart N, Rossi GP, Steier J. Nocturnal pulse rate and symptomatic response in patients with obstructive sleep apnoea treated with continuous positive airway pressure for one year. J Thorac Dis 2014;6(6):598-605.
3. Pengo MF, Kosky C, Williams AJ, Rossi GP, Steier J. Response from the authors to the letter: “Pulse rate trends in obstructive sleep apnoea: a reliable tool to predict long term response to CPAP?” J Thorac Dis 2014;6(9):E200-E201.
4.Bisogni V, Pengo MF, Drakatos P, Kent B, Steier J, Rossi GP. Arterial stiffness and heart rate variability analysis in patients with mild–moderate obstructive sleep apnoea, with and without excessive daytime sleepiness. J Thorac Dis 2016;8(2):AB005.
Professor Rossi, was educated in the University of Padova. His roles have included Editor in Chief of Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine Hypertension section, board on the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, the
World Journal of Cardiology; and, serving in the Journal of Hypertension and High Blood Pressure & Cardiovascular Prevention. In 2004 he was nominated International Expert of French INSERM, and in 2006 became an International Expert Grant Reviewer of the National Research Council of Hong Kong, The German, Austrian and Polish Ministry of Health, and the Wellcome Foundation.