图1 小编与Dr. Park合照
编者按：12月4日至5日，第二届亚洲胸腔镜外科教育课程国际会议（the 2nd International Conference of Asia Thoracoscopic Surgery Education Program）在韩国首尔国立大学医院成功举办。会议云集国际胸腔镜领域内知名专家，共同聚焦微创外科技术前沿进展进行分享交流。会议上，作为机器人手术先锋，来自美国Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center的Dr. Bernard Park以自身多年经验就“机器人微创胸外手术”进行了精彩演讲。此次AME出版社有幸邀请到Dr. Park与我们共同分享其对机器人手术培训方面的看法及其在医生提升自身能力方面的建议。
对于机器人胸外手术方面的培训，Dr. Park说道，作为医生首先应懂得如何做一位好医生，然后再为重要的是对机器人手术的优缺点有充足了解，同时熟悉机器人系统操作，以合理判断机器人手术的适用情况，为病人提供最为安全的选择。此外，Dr. Park就外科医生日常应当如何学习以跟上不断发展的胸外科领域，也分享了自身经验—时常阅读文献，向其他医生学习，参与学术会议交流分享，同时留意科技公司的产品情况。
最后，问及为何如此热衷于外科时，Dr. Park认为technical aspect是外科的一大魅力，通过手术快速地治愈病人的过程以及其中的技术挑战让他不断在外科上走得更远。
1.We know that tomorrow you will talk about the “Robotic-assisted Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery”. Would you like to preview the speech with us? What message would you like to deliver through this speech?
2. We know that you are working on the standard for the training in the field of robotic thoracic surgery. In your opinion, what do you think should be the standard of training in the field of robotic-assisted thoracic surgery?
3. When training your students, what will be your focus, like skills, knowledge, technology, attitude or any other aspects?
4. Speaking of training, the purpose of training is to improve oneself. We know that the thoracic world is always progressing and we believe, as a surgeon, you’ll also update yourself every day. Would you like to share with us what’ll you learn or what’ll be your way in your spare time to improve yourself to keep pace with this developing world?
5. You are currently a thoracic surgeon. What’ll you do if you’re not a surgeon?
6. What do you love about surgery?
Bernard Park, Deputy Chief of Clinical Affairs of the Thoracic Surgery Service at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, is one of the world’s leaders in robotic video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS) lobectomy, a minimally invasive lung surgery which can decrease recovery time. He published one of the first large studies of robotic lobectomies using the DaVinci™ surgical robot and regularly uses VATS to perform a wide variety of thoracic surgeries, such as lobectomy, segmentecomy, thymectomy and metastasectomy. Dr. Park is board-certified in cardiothoracic surgery specializing in general thoracic surgery. He completed his residency and a fellowship at New York Presbyterian Hospital at Weill Cornell Medical Center before going on to additional fellowships at the Mayo Clinic and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.